Observing a root system throughout a plant’s life cycle is key to understanding overall plant behavior and health, and to improving crop performance.
The CI-602 Narrow Gauge Root Imager is a minirhizotron system that captures non-destructive, high-resolution, digital images of living roots in soil over multiple growing seasons. Compatible with root tubes measuring two inches in diameter, the CI-602 gives users the ability to work within new and existing tube installations. The CI-602 is a durable and lightweight minirhizotron that is easy to transport to any field location and can be used in sites with root tubes across a range of treatments or conditions. Our free root analysis software, RootSnap!, quickly and easily calculates parameters including root length, area, volume, diameter & branching angle.
- Image size : 21.59 cm x 18 cm (8.5″ x 7.1″)
- Scan Speed : ~30 seconds (depending on selected resolution)
- Image Resolution : Up to 1200 DPI
- Interface : USB Cable
- Scan Head Dimensions: 35.9 cm long × 4.6cm diameter (14.125” x 1.8″)
Root Tube Dimensions :
- Inner diameter: 5 cm (2″)
- Outer diameter: 5.7 cm (2.25″)
- Wall thickness: 3.2 mm (.125″)
- Standard length: 105 cm (41.3″)