The PlantPenmodel NDVI 310 measures Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI), which is an important indicator of chlorophyll content in plants. The pigment in plant leaves, chlorophyll, strongly absorbs visible light (from 0.4 to 0.7 µm) for use in photosynthesis. The cell structure of the leaves, on the other hand, strongly reflects near-infrared light (from 0.7 to 1.1 µm). The differences in plant reflectance in the visible and near-infrared wavelengths are used to calculate NDVI index. NDVI is directly related to the photosynthetic capacity and hence energy absorption of plant canopies.
- NDVI : (R740 – R660) / (R740 + R660)
- FluorPen 1.1 Software: Windows 7 or higher
- Sample Holder: Mechanical leaf clip
- Memory Capacity: 16MBit
- Internal Data Logging: Up to 100,000 data points
- Power Supply: Li-ion rechargeable battery
- Battery Capacity: 2000 mAh